Skip to main content

I Won’t Touch $20,000 You Made From Abducted Leah Sharibu’s Plight, Garba Shehu Replies Omokri

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, has replied to a former presidential aide, Reno Omokri, saying he would not touch the money he made from people in the guise of helping Leah Sharibu, who was abducted by Boko Haram.

Shehu said on his official Twitter handle while reacting to the Omokri’s challenge to give him $20,000 if he would sleep in Kware in Sokoto State or Koshobe in Borno State without security. Kware and Koshobe are known to be strongholds of bandits and terrorists respectively.

Garba Shehu


“If this is the money from the collections made in the name of Leah Sharibu, the unfortunate Christian girl stolen by Boko Haram, I won’t touch it with a long. Please keep “your USD20000 (sic).” Shehu tweeted. 

Omokri had earlier said he would offer the presidential spokesman $20,000,  approximately N7.8m.

He wrote on Twitter, “Garba Shehu said Buhari has made Nigeria safer. I vow to pay him $20,000 if he will spend a night without security in Koshobe, or Kware, verified by an independent journalist. I will give the funds to Dele Momodu when he accepts to go.”

See Also

Politics

Reno Omokri Vows To Give Presidential Aide $20,000 To Sleep In Troubled Nigerian Town


Shehu had claimed that the country had been made safer by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Leah Sharibu was among the 110 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists in Dapchi, Yobe State on February 19, 2018. Five of them did not survive the ordeal and Leah, a Christian, was not released along with others because she refused to convert to Islam.

Omokri later wrote a book titled ‘Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind.’

“You will be shocked at the great cover-up by the Buhari administration when you read this book,” Omokri said about the publication.  He also introduced custom-made ‘Free Leah Sharibu’ T-shirts said to be sold between N30,000 and N100,000, which were bought by some notable Nigerians.

There were allegations that he profited generously from the plight of Leah Sharibu and he was subsequently attacked by Nigerians on social media. The allegations led to the trending of #RenoUndarted on Twitter.

Omokri, however, denied the allegations, saying all the proceeds from the book and T-shirts were sent to Leah Sharibu’s parents.

Politics

News

AddThis

Original Author

SaharaReporters, New York

Disable advertisements

from 24HRSNEWS
via 24HRSNEWS



from EDUPEDIA247https://ift.tt/3hh3Gec
via EDUPEDIA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust haze weather to prevail on Thursday, December 27

- The Nigerian Meteorological agency (NiMet) predicts thick dust haze weather conditions over most parts of the country - NiMet predicts northern states would experience dust haze - The agency also predicts early morning mist/fog is expected over the coastal cities The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) has predicted thick dust haze weather conditions with reduced visibility over most parts of the country on Thursday, December 27. NiMet’s Weather Outlook on Wednesday, December 26, in Abuja, revealed that the central region of the country would record dust haze condition with visibility range of two to five kilometres throughout the day. It added that day and night temperatures of 27 degrees Celsius to 34 degrees Celsius and 10 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius, respectively, would prevail over the region. READ ALSO: Police reportedly arrest Badeh’s alleged killers The agency predicted that the northern states would experience dust haze with visibility range of two to fi...

N2.5bn Fraud: You Have Case To Answer, Appeal Court Tells Suspended NBC Boss, Kawu

The Director General of the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, Ishaq Kawu. The Court of Appeal, sitting in Abuja, has dismissed an appeal filed by the suspended Director-General of the National Broadcasting Commission, Dr Moddibbo Kawu, challenging the decision of the Federal High Court, to dismiss the no-case submission he filed at the lower court. The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission had charged Kawu, Lucky Omoluwa (late Chairman of Pinnacle Communications Ltd) and Dipo Onifade, Chief Operating Officer of the same company, before Justice Folashade Ogunbanjo-Giwa, on a 12-count charge of money laundering. Is'haq Modibbo Kaw THISDAYLIVE The suspended NBC boss and his co-accused then approached the appellate court to reverse the judgment of the Federal High Court. The appellate dismissed the no-case submission filed by Kawu and his co-accused and held that they had an explanation to give when he elected to facilitate the payment of ...

Buhari’s Legacy Of Recessions By Fredrick Nwabufo

Fredrick Nwabufo ‘Why always Buhari?’ As it was in 1984 under General Buhari, so it is in 2016 and 2020 under President Buhari? Is it by the unfortunate hands of kismet that recession hits Nigeria every time Buhari takes charge of the country’s affairs? If the recession of the 80s under Buhari was a conspiracy by economic and political factors, to what do we attribute that of his first coming as a civilian President — and now in his second coming? Why does pestilence scourge the land, hunger ravage the population and lives lost malevolently when Buhari presides over the country? Why always Buhari? Buhari’s undoing is his wonted predilection for hierarchising ethnicity, religion and loyalty above competence. Since 1999, no President has obtrusively shown a more nepotistic aspect than Buhari. It is unarguable that the President arrays the most competence-challenged cabinet ever in the chronicle of governance in Nigeria. Yes, a recession cabinet. Fredrick Nwabufo Here is a cabin...