Skip to main content

How I Found My Daughter’s Corpse —Father Of 11-year-old Girl Raped To Death In Lagos

Dickson Okechukwu, father of an 11-year-old girl, Favour, who was recently gang-raped in Lagos, has narrated how he found her corpse in a building on Olarewaju Street, Ejigbo, after a frantic search for her.

Favour, a Junior Secondary School student, was sent on an errand to buy a carton of gala for her mother around 3:00pm on Wednesday.

The deceased was said to have been lured into a building on Olarewaju Street where four men took turns to rape her. 

She was suspected to have been gaged in the process, apparently to avoid raising the alarm.

Her devastated father described her as a brilliant girl.


He said, “She’s my daughter, she’s very brilliant. She’s a girl that has future but unfortunately some hoodlums cut her life short. The incident happened on Wednesday 30th of September. 

“She prepared for school in the morning, promising to meet me later in the day. I also went out for my business.

“But when I came back around 9:00pm, I was shocked when my wife said Favour hadn’t returned from where she was to collect a carton of the gala because it was unusual of her to stay long outside. I immediately went to some of her classmates houses to look for her but they all said they didn’t see her. Her classmates parents too joined us and we started searching for her. I started walking like a mad man, asking everyone I saw about her whereabout and it was getting dark.

“I saw a man who lives on the same street with me and told him I was looking for my daughter. He informed me that he had to close early because a little girl was raped to death in a building close to his shop. He said the incident had caused panic in the area. I decided to go and check since I was looking for my daughter and he accompanied me to the building.

“So when I got to the compound, I met three people and told them what I heard. They were speaking Yoruba, so I didn’t really understand them, they pointed the room where the incident happened to me and behold, when I got there, it was my daughter, Favour! She was naked with blood all over her body. I shouted, shook her vigorously as I called out her name, begging her to wake up.”

Though the suspects are still at large, Brimcewil Tabi, owner of the room in which Favour was gang-raped, has been arrested and claimed he knew those who perpetrated the act.

CRIME

News

AddThis

Original Author

SaharaReporters, New York

Disable advertisements

from 24HRSNEWS
via 24HRSNEWS



from EDUPEDIA247https://ift.tt/2Sq0rp2
via EDUPEDIA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These funny food quotes will make you laugh like crazy

Food is not only an essential part of the daily routine but also the most exciting one. We cannot imagine our life without something yummy. How do you make ordinary eating fun and unforgettable? We bring to your attention amazing food quotes which will definitely make you smile. Image: unsplash.com (modified by author) Source: UGC Are you looking for interesting ideas to entertain your interlocutor while having lunch at work or family dinner? Then this article is definitely for you! Good food quotes Below are food quotes, aphorisms and witty statements. This is an exciting and extraordinary collection of the top "pearls of wisdom" on this topic. Here you can find funny jokes and sayings, intelligent thoughts of philosophers and original words of great thinkers and inspiring statuses from social networks, as well as many other things. The best appetite comes without food. I love calories. They are dаmn tasty. An empty stomach is the Devil's playground. Have bre

The Transitional Phase of African Poetry

The Transitional Phase The second phase, which we have chosen to call transitional, is represented by the poetry of writers like Abioseh Nicol, Gabriel Okara, Kwesi Brew, Dennis Brutus, Lenrie Peters and Joseph Kariuki. This is poetry which is written by people we normally refer to as modem and who may be thought of as belonging to the third phase. The characteristics of this poetry are its competent and articulate use of the received European language, its unforced grasp of Africa’s physical, cultural and socio-political environment and often its lyricism. To distinguish this type of poetry we have to refer back to the concept of appropriation we introduced earlier. At the simplest and basic level, the cultural mandate of possessing a people’s piece of the earth involves a mental and emotional homecoming within the physical environment. Poems like Brew’s ‘‘Dry season”, Okara’s “Call of the River Nun”, Nicol’s “The meaning of Africa” and Soyinka’s “Season”, to give a few examples,

The pioneering phase of African Poetry

The pioneering phase We have called the first phase that of the pioneers. But since the phrase “pioneer poets” has often been used of writers of English expression like Osadebay, Casely-Hayford and Dei-Anag, we should point out that our “pioneer phase” also includes Negritude poets of French expression. The poetry of this phase is that of writers in “exile” keenly aware of being colonials, whose identity was under siege. It is a poetry of protest against exploitation and racial discrimination, of agitation for political independence, of nostalgic evocation of Africa’s past and visions of her future. However, although these were themes common to poets of both English and French expression, the obvious differences between the Francophone poets and the Anglophone writers of the 1930s and 1940s have been generally noted. Because of the intensity with which they felt their physical exile from Africa, coupled with their exposure to the experimental contemporary modes of writing in F