Skip to main content

Lady recounts how she almost got killed in a lift at E-centre in Yaba

A young lady, Tolulope Molake, has recounted how she could have died at E-Centre in Yaba on Monday, May 6, 2019, after the lift stopped working for about 20 minutes.

According to her, she was trapped in the lift for more than 20 minutes without network on her phone. Tolulope who is asthmatic and claustrophobic wrote that she kept banging on the lift and pressing the alarm button to no avail.

She went on to write about how the space became short of air and her chest started getting tighter. She was the only one in the lift and couldn't help herself. Tears began to find its way down her cheeks.

READ ALSO : If anything happens to me hold my ex-husband responsible - Actress Etinosa cries out

Read the full story below:

I'm asthmatic and claustrophobic. I was trapped in the lift at ECenter yaba for more than 20 minutes. I had no network on my phone.I kept on banging the lift and pressing the alarm button and other buttons. Nothing was happening, the lift just kept on vibrating.
The place started getting stuffy by the minute and my chest getting tighter. I was the only one in the lift.Tears began to find its way down my cheeks. I was really scared and was in panic mode already.
At some point, the lift moved a bit downwards and opened up to a wall. A wall was before me.Then it closed up again. I continued banging and calling for help. As soon as few bars popped on my phone, I made that post on facebook. Then I called my Chaplain who lives close by. The line was breaking but thankfully I was able to get my message across.
She came over immediately and complained to them. I waited for another painful 15 minutes. (She said they were trying to call the person in charge, but he wasn't picking up) . As soon as the lift opened up, I saw ECenters uniformed men before me. And the next thing I heard was "sorry, why didn't you call for help " I was mad. "You think I stayed in there doing nothing because I'm stupid right? " I wiped my tears.
I was tired, I walked to meet my chaplain.I was still really nervous. My inhaler wasn't with me. She made me sit and went to get an inhaler. I used the inhaler and got a bit better. After a while, we proceeded to leave. As I walked past the securities at the door I heard them talking.
Security right : "Na she dey inside the lift? "
Security left: "Yesso, na she dey there"
Security right:."And she just dey there dey cry"
I stepped back immediately. I was mad. "What did you just say? " I asked. He didn't respond. "what did you just say? " I asked two more times. He denied saying anything. I walked away.
There is no value for the human life in the least. No single form of remorse. How will your lift be stuck for over 20 minutes and you didn't realize? What if I wasn't with a cell phone? If I had spent ten more minutes in that place.... I don't want to even think. I doubt if I'd be using any lift anytime soon. (it happened on Monday)''

PAY ATTENTION: Get your daily relationship tips and advice on Africa Love Aid group

Just recently, a young lady shared near death experience while she talked about safety and health on social media. The lady identified as Joy Finley revealed how her birth control had almost killed her.

Man who lost wife after delivery of quintuplets cries for help | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng



from Legit.ng: Latest Nigeria News Today & Breaking Naija News 24/7 http://bit.ly/2YhbGAR
via EDUPEDIA24/7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These funny food quotes will make you laugh like crazy

Food is not only an essential part of the daily routine but also the most exciting one. We cannot imagine our life without something yummy. How do you make ordinary eating fun and unforgettable? We bring to your attention amazing food quotes which will definitely make you smile. Image: unsplash.com (modified by author) Source: UGC Are you looking for interesting ideas to entertain your interlocutor while having lunch at work or family dinner? Then this article is definitely for you! Good food quotes Below are food quotes, aphorisms and witty statements. This is an exciting and extraordinary collection of the top "pearls of wisdom" on this topic. Here you can find funny jokes and sayings, intelligent thoughts of philosophers and original words of great thinkers and inspiring statuses from social networks, as well as many other things. The best appetite comes without food. I love calories. They are dаmn tasty. An empty stomach is the Devil's playground. Have bre

The Transitional Phase of African Poetry

The Transitional Phase The second phase, which we have chosen to call transitional, is represented by the poetry of writers like Abioseh Nicol, Gabriel Okara, Kwesi Brew, Dennis Brutus, Lenrie Peters and Joseph Kariuki. This is poetry which is written by people we normally refer to as modem and who may be thought of as belonging to the third phase. The characteristics of this poetry are its competent and articulate use of the received European language, its unforced grasp of Africa’s physical, cultural and socio-political environment and often its lyricism. To distinguish this type of poetry we have to refer back to the concept of appropriation we introduced earlier. At the simplest and basic level, the cultural mandate of possessing a people’s piece of the earth involves a mental and emotional homecoming within the physical environment. Poems like Brew’s ‘‘Dry season”, Okara’s “Call of the River Nun”, Nicol’s “The meaning of Africa” and Soyinka’s “Season”, to give a few examples,

The pioneering phase of African Poetry

The pioneering phase We have called the first phase that of the pioneers. But since the phrase “pioneer poets” has often been used of writers of English expression like Osadebay, Casely-Hayford and Dei-Anag, we should point out that our “pioneer phase” also includes Negritude poets of French expression. The poetry of this phase is that of writers in “exile” keenly aware of being colonials, whose identity was under siege. It is a poetry of protest against exploitation and racial discrimination, of agitation for political independence, of nostalgic evocation of Africa’s past and visions of her future. However, although these were themes common to poets of both English and French expression, the obvious differences between the Francophone poets and the Anglophone writers of the 1930s and 1940s have been generally noted. Because of the intensity with which they felt their physical exile from Africa, coupled with their exposure to the experimental contemporary modes of writing in F