Skip to main content

Nigerian forward makes big statement ahead of Premier League clash against former boss

- Isaac Success was afraid his Premier League career was after spending most of last season on the bench

- The Nigerian international is back and ready to play after seali9ng a new deal

- Success will have an opportunity to show his former boss he was wrong when Watford battle Everton

Super Eagles ace and Watford forward Isaac Success has taken out time to speak on his struggles in the Premier League under former boss Marco Silva.

According to a UK Daily Mail report, the Nigerian international at some point felt the end was near, he lost confidence and was struggling to be fit.

And despite being valued at £12.5m at the club he was a shadow of his old self and could hardly make the right decisions.

READ ALSO: Chelsea coach provokes Guardiola after Man City’s defeat at Stamford Bridge

I won't lie, I was having difficulties and I thought English football wasn't for me,” noted Success, who is looking forward to Monday night reunion with former boss, Silva when Watford battle Everton at Giddison Park.

The coach didn't really believe in me. I wasn't fit enough. I wasn't ready, physically or mentally. Coming back from injury and all, I was frustrated. All the other players were really sharp and doing well.

“It was difficult to get my chance and I wanted games to lose some weight and get back all I'd lost. My career stood still. Being alone, not feeling my future was safe, that worried me. Mentally I wasn't OK. It was really tough, and not knowing about the lifestyle side of football in England, I didn't get it right,” admitted the former Golden Eaglets forward.

PAY ATTENTION: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng

Speaking further, Success revealed he decided to turn the corner once he returned to Watford after Malaga were relegated from the Spanish topflight.

Aside from hiring a personal trainer, he also gave up jollof rice, lost weight and tried to respect all Javi Gracia's instructions on food intake.

“The main factor was that I wasn't fit and wasn't working,” he stressed

“I made mistakes because I wasn't working hard and needed to concentrate more. I'll always be the same person but I needed to reduce everything I was doing and I've reduced it.

“I stuck to my plan. When you're fit it's more difficult to get injured, and if you're injured you recover on time. So, this season is going well because physically I'm fine. I lost a couple of kilos and that made me faster and stronger. I feel sharper.

“I have a coach who believes in me and he gives me confidence and freedom to do what I want on the pitch.

“I was eating a lot of African food and it was a little bit heavy but I've cut that out and I'm on the team diet, eating with the team. Eating earlier at night, it's really helped.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

“All of this has been a big change in my career and I say a big thank you to the Watford family for believing in me and for keeping me - and hoping I can get better. I am getting better. I am grateful for that,” added Success, who remains grateful to new boss Javi Gracia for helping his rediscover his form

At the last count, Success has started six of Watford’s last seven games in the new season, and has also penned a new five-year extension at Vicarage Road.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously had reported Nigeria international Isaac Success signed a new long term deal with his Premier League side Watford FC.

The 22-year-old has made 13 English topflight appearances for the Hornets this term, scoring just once in the process.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Ferdinand reveals admiration for Okocha, why he quit boxing and Man U problems | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng



from Nigeria News today & Breaking Naija news ▷ Read on LEGIT.NG 24/7 https://ift.tt/2SCZNCu
via EDUPEDIA24/7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These funny food quotes will make you laugh like crazy

Food is not only an essential part of the daily routine but also the most exciting one. We cannot imagine our life without something yummy. How do you make ordinary eating fun and unforgettable? We bring to your attention amazing food quotes which will definitely make you smile. Image: unsplash.com (modified by author) Source: UGC Are you looking for interesting ideas to entertain your interlocutor while having lunch at work or family dinner? Then this article is definitely for you! Good food quotes Below are food quotes, aphorisms and witty statements. This is an exciting and extraordinary collection of the top "pearls of wisdom" on this topic. Here you can find funny jokes and sayings, intelligent thoughts of philosophers and original words of great thinkers and inspiring statuses from social networks, as well as many other things. The best appetite comes without food. I love calories. They are dаmn tasty. An empty stomach is the Devil's playground. Have bre

The Transitional Phase of African Poetry

The Transitional Phase The second phase, which we have chosen to call transitional, is represented by the poetry of writers like Abioseh Nicol, Gabriel Okara, Kwesi Brew, Dennis Brutus, Lenrie Peters and Joseph Kariuki. This is poetry which is written by people we normally refer to as modem and who may be thought of as belonging to the third phase. The characteristics of this poetry are its competent and articulate use of the received European language, its unforced grasp of Africa’s physical, cultural and socio-political environment and often its lyricism. To distinguish this type of poetry we have to refer back to the concept of appropriation we introduced earlier. At the simplest and basic level, the cultural mandate of possessing a people’s piece of the earth involves a mental and emotional homecoming within the physical environment. Poems like Brew’s ‘‘Dry season”, Okara’s “Call of the River Nun”, Nicol’s “The meaning of Africa” and Soyinka’s “Season”, to give a few examples,

The pioneering phase of African Poetry

The pioneering phase We have called the first phase that of the pioneers. But since the phrase “pioneer poets” has often been used of writers of English expression like Osadebay, Casely-Hayford and Dei-Anag, we should point out that our “pioneer phase” also includes Negritude poets of French expression. The poetry of this phase is that of writers in “exile” keenly aware of being colonials, whose identity was under siege. It is a poetry of protest against exploitation and racial discrimination, of agitation for political independence, of nostalgic evocation of Africa’s past and visions of her future. However, although these were themes common to poets of both English and French expression, the obvious differences between the Francophone poets and the Anglophone writers of the 1930s and 1940s have been generally noted. Because of the intensity with which they felt their physical exile from Africa, coupled with their exposure to the experimental contemporary modes of writing in F